Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fresh Ideas: Centerpieces

When we got married, we opted for no flowers. I love flowers, don't get me wrong. We just felt like we really wanted to play up our theme. Instead, we bought glass mosaic candle holders. Our intention was to have something that not only went with the theme of our wedding, but also would serve as a reminder of our wedding to the guests who were lucky enough to take one home. I am happy to report that they are still displayed proudly. These will last far longer than any flower. Below are pictures taken by my sister-in-law, Amy, of our centerpieces.


Here are some more fun ideas from one of my favorite blogs for wedding planning, Offbeat Bride. I read the book and took much of the advice to heart when planning my own wedding. What a fabulous source for out-of-the-box, unusual, or funky wedding ideas. I think that there is nothing more important than making your wedding your own, no matter how crazy people think your ideas are. Check out some of the fresh alternatives to floral centerpieces they have here.

http://offbeatbride.com/2010/04/non-floral-centerpieces-2

No comments:

Post a Comment